District Judge Curt W. Brancheau., judge for the state district courts in Ochiltree County, is accepting applications from Ochiltree County citizens interested in serving on the Ochiltree County Appraisal Review Board (ARB) for 2024/2025. Judge Brancheau will appoint members to two-year terms.
Service on the ARB will begin January 2024. Applications must be submitted to Judge Curt W. Brancheau through the Ochiltree County Appraisal District (OCAD).
The ARB is a citizen board that sits in panels of three or five to hear property owner protests that cannot be reviewed informally with OCAD.
ARB service is generally a full-time commitment during the summer months and requires members to be available to serve all day somedays during weekdays and weekends from May through July. ARB members are not always scheduled every day but must be available to serve if needed. ARB members are not considered employees of OCAD but are reimbursed for their time as contract labor.
Candidates for the ARB must be current residents of Ochiltree County, having resided in the county for at least two years; must be up to date on property tax payments for property in Texas or show the tax is being paid under an installment agreement.
Persons who fall into any of the following categories are not eligible to serve:
- Individuals who are currently employed by the State Comptroller of Public Accounts, or who are a member of the governing body, an officer, or a full-part time employee of a county, city, school district, community college district, or any Other entity supported by local property taxes. • Former governing body members or officers of a taxing unit served by OCAD are ineligible for four full years from the date they ceased to serve in that capacity.
- Anyone who personally or whose spouse personally, has a contract with local government or an appraisal district. The same restriction applies if the person, or his or her spouse, owns 10 percent or greater interest in a business which contracts with a local government or appraisal district.
- Persons that have appeared before the ARB for compensation as a tax consultant, accountant, appraiser, or representative of a property owner less than two years before the date the person is appointed.
- Any individual who has ever been employed by OCAD or other Appraisal District, or has ever served as a member of the OCAD board of directors.
- Applicants who are presently under indictment or have previously been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
Applications may be obtained by calling Julia Mendez at Ochiltree County Appraisal District:
806-435-9623 or email: email@example.com
Please submit applications to:
Judge Curt W. Brancheau.
C/O Julia Mendez
825 S Main st, Suite 100
Perryton, TX 79070
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the button below to download an application.